The cruise industry keeps on changing everyday by the help of technology.The World’s Most Largest Cruise Ship is a must know for everyone.In terms of its size on sea, simply put it is mind blowing.Do not forget the luxury you get on board.In case if you do not know much about Cruise ships, let me enlighten you briefly before we proceed.
A cruise ship or cruise liner is a passenger ship used for pleasure voyages, where the voyage itself and the ship’s amenities are a part of the experience, as well as the different destinations along the way,Transportation is not the only purpose of cruising, particularly on cruises that return passengers to their originating port (also known as a closed-loop cruise), with the ports of call usually in a specified region of a continent.
There are even “cruises to nowhere” or “nowhere voyages” where the ship makes 2–3 night round trips without any ports of call. I hereby present to you MS Harmony of the Seas, the largest cruise ship you can find on planet earth.
MS Harmony of the Seas is an Oasis-class cruise ship built by STX France at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France for Royal Caribbean International. With a gross tonnage of 226,963 GT, she is the largest passenger ship in the world, surpassing her older sisters Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.
On Board Accommodation
Harmony of the Seas has 2,747 staterooms, with a wide variety of types, to accommodate (at double occupancy) 5,479 guests ranging from small interior rooms to larger rooms and suites, some of which are fitted with wall-mounted 80-inch (200 cm) screens, covering nearly the floor to ceiling, that show the ship’s environment as if through a window, named ‘virtual balconies’.
These screens were first fitted on the Quantum class of cruise ships. A full 43 categories of stateroom types are offered, starting at a size of 180 square feet (17 m2); several types of suites are available, including the new “Royal Class” suites.
The Hidden Technologies
Harmony of the Seas is 20% more energy efficient than its sister ships Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Small air bubbles from the keel reduce drag and thus fuel consumption by 7-8%, and a smooth hull surface further reduces resistance.
The bubble system also reduces propeller noise, and is used on Celebrity Reflection and Quantum of the Seas. LED and fluorescent lamps replace incandescent light bulbs, reducing power consumption and need for air conditioning. The engine system uses a waste heat recovery system, and drives three Azipod propellers.
On Board Facilities
- “Vitality” Spa and fitness center
- “Splashaway Bay” water play area for young children
- “Perfect Storm” water slide complex, featuring three slides
- “Ultimate Abyss” dry slide complex, with two ten-story tall enclosed slides
- 4 swimming pools and 10 hot tubs, including two hot tubs cantilevered over the edge of the ship
- 2 Flowrider surf simulators
- “Casino Royale” casino with a full selection of slot machines and table games
- “Puzzle Break: Escape the Rubicon” escape room game designed by Seattle-based Puzzle Break and ShowFX
- 20 dining venues, including “Wonderland” molecular gastronomy restaurant
- 11,252 works of art
- Studio B Ice Rink
- The Aqua Theatre, an open-air stage which hosts diving, aerial and acrobatics shows
- The Bionic Bar, where drinks are made solely by two robotic arms
- The Royal Theatre, a 1,400 seat venue for Broadway-style shows such as Grease, Royal Caribbean’s original show Columbus, and 3D movies
- DreamWorks Experience, with characters from Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, etc.
- Two rock climbing walls
- Full-size basketball court, miniature golf course and ping pong tables
- Zip line
- Adventure Ocean programs for children and youth; also Royal Babies and Royal Tots programs
- “Voom” high-speed Internet
- Optional RFID enabled wristbands (WOWbands) which will provide the same functions as the SeaPass cards
- Promenade shopping mall featuring jewelry, fashion and accessories
- Rising Tides Bar, a bar platform that raises and lowers three floors between the Promenade level and the Central Park level
- Carousel, Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, snacks and entertainment on the Boardwalk area
- Central Park, an open air garden path with food and shops
Now when you wants to embark on voyage then remember to say hello to MS Harmony of the Seas.