Russia are always on the look out for new technology to improve their security system.Just recently they showcased their newly exclusive top secret military facility in the Arctic.This time round they are on the look out for threats from its enemies.As a result of this they have come up with The multi-functional long-range radar surveillance aviation complex A-100.
The multi-functional long-range radar surveillance aviation complex A-100 will be able to detect new classes of targets, including next-generation operational-tactical aircraft, Russian Defense Minister, Army General Sergei Shoigu said.
“This complex will be able to rapidly build up the radar field in a given operational direction. Its development is conditioned by the appearance of new classes of targets, including next-generation operational-tactical aircraft,” Shoigu said at a meeting at the Defense Ministry on May 2.
All this started after Vladimir Putin’s reelection, they have started concentrating on the reformation of its defense force. A-100, the multi-functional long-range radar surveillance aviation complex is able to detect new classes of targets, including next-generation operational-tactical aircraft.
Must Know Facts about the A-100:
- The A-100 is being developed by Vega Radio Engineering Concern.
- The system will be based on the previous generation of the A-50 system, which in turn was based on the IL-76 military transport aircraft.
- The A-100 is a system а long-range radar surveillance and guidance.
- These complexes can be used to detect and accompany air targets, surface ships and inform command centers about situations.
- They can serve as air command posts and provide assistance to assault aircraft in aiming air, land and sea targets.
Within the scope of experimental design work, it is planned to create two aircraft: a flying laboratory and a prototype of a multi-functional aviation complex of radar surveillance and guidance, the minister added.The next generation tactical aircraft stands for US fighter jets F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II. However, there are many other countries that develop fifth-generation fighter aircraft as well.I strongly believe the US have undercover technology which is still loading.